Autism Ambassadors of Ghana
The Autism Ambassadors of Ghana is a social enterprise (NGO)
The Autism Ambassadors of Ghana brings professionals and volunteers together to promote Autism awareness and also help to improve lives of children living with Autism through technology. It was founded in June 2014 by Miss Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako, a Digital Social Entrepreneur.
Achievements and Awards
- National Autism awareness campaigns
- Community Awareness Campaigns
- Integration of the app at private special-needs schools in the Greater-Accra Region
- Training programs for parents of children living with Autism
- Training programs for caregivers
- Training programs for nurses and teachers
- Training programs teachers
- Social media awareness
- Radio awareness on Autism
- Print Media awareness
- Winner – Standard Chartered Women In Tech Competition, 2021
- Winner – Total Startupper of the Year Challenge, 2019
- Winner – mYouth Continental and National Mobile App Challenge by the European Union, 2018
- Winner – Ghana Education Community Awards, Special-Needs Category, 2018
- Winner – Coca-Cola Young Achievers Award, 2017
- Ghana’s representative at the Global Social Hackathon in Sweden, 2016
- Global Publication – UK National Newspaper, The Guardian, 2016
THE AUTISM AID APP
The AUTISM AID APP is first app for Autism in Ghana and West Africa. It’s a mobile application developed to promote Autism Awareness and also help improve on the lives of children living with Autism
- Click on the KIDS WORLD button to use the Picture Exchange Communication System.
- Click and hold the HELPLINE button to get connected to professionals on how to care for your ward at a fee.
- Click on the AWARENESS button to read more Autism, Autism Ambassadors of Ghana, Professionals, Autism Centers, Global Icons and Partners.
- Click on the OTHER SERVICES button to use the USSD CODE *800*24# for Donation, Helpline, Registration and Purchasing of items.