THE AUTISM AID APP
The AUTISM AID APP is first app for Autism in Ghana and West Africa.
It’s a mobile application developed to promote Autism Awareness and also help improve on the lives of children living with Autism. It has 4 main features which includes;
- Picture Exchange Communication System that helps children living with Autism to improve on their communication skills.
- Helpline feature that connects the parents and guardians of the children to professionals who provide them with adequate information on caring for their ward
- An Autism awareness platform which provides information on Autism to the society
- A USSD CODE *800*24# with provides other services.
It was developed by two Digital Social Entrepreneurs of the Autism Ambassadors of Ghana, Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako and Solomon Amenyo.
After Downloading The AUTISM AID APP
Google Play Store and App Store successfully
- Click on the KIDS WORLD button to use the Picture Exchange Communication System.
- Click and hold the HELPLINE button to get connected to professionals on how to care for your ward at a fee.
- Click on the AWARENESS button to read more Autism, Autism Ambassadors of Ghana, Professionals, Autism Centers, Global Icons and Partners.
- Click on the OTHER SERVICES button to use the USSD CODE *800*24# for Donation, Helpline, Registration and Purchasing of items.
Achievements and Awards of the Autism Aid App
- Winner – Standard Chartered Women In Tech Competition, 2021.
- Winner – Total Startupper of the Year Challenge, 2019.
- Winner – mYouth Continental Mobile App Challenge by the European Union, 2018.
- Winner – mYouth National Mobile App Challenge by the European Union, 2018.
- Winner – Ghana Education Community Awards, Special-Needs Category, 2018.
- Winner – Coca-Cola Young Achievers Award, 2017.
- Ghana’s representative at the Global Social Hackathon in Sweden, 2016.
- Global Publication – UK National Newspaper, The Guardian, 2016.
- Interviewed on South Africa Power FM, 2016.
- Winner – Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition, 2014.